What other fish could go in with these?

Cookieskennels

huh im hoping that was a joke?

the neons/cardinals will get eating very fast and im not keen on arowanas as they have a big mouth and will eat anything....

why cant people be serious?

i have done research and have put the fish in that i know will be ok, just wanting to know what elce could go in..?

Oscar could eat the lionheads when it gets bigger. Convicts will breed and all hell will break lose (unless you have 5 males or 5 females). The angelfish and acaras will probably get picked on by the more aggressive fish.

I'd say get rid of the angels, acaras and lionheads, just keep 1-2 male convicts, and perhaps keep some medium sized central american cichlids like firemouth, salvini or possibly a green terror. You could probably add some catfish like pictus or chocolate talking cats, and maybe some fast swimming dithers like bala sharks, apollo sharks, or silver dollars.

Alternately keep the acaras, angels, lionheads and get rid of the others. Add some geophagus like altifrons ["surinamensis"] or leucosticta ["juripari"], and some other peaceful medium sized fish.

you know that the likelihood of a bigger tank being purchased is unlikely:D

its usually best to purchase a big one at the start. Reason.

When you have fish, you keep buying fish stuff:D so you waste more money, shall i say SPEND more money, waste is such a nasty word

but i agree, oscars can get big, but if they grow up together, well fed, COULD be ok.

i had an oscar, friendly as hell!

put a jardinii in there..... it wouldnt work, but would be entertaining for a few minutes

1 Baby oscar,

These fish can grow large and can be very destructive from time to time.

And another thing these fish are not really go tank mates with angel fish. Because angel fish like live plants, while oscars tend to destroy most to all live plants.

7 small lumpheads,

What is the latin name for these fish.

5 convicts,

These fish can breed fast, and will become a very disastrous problem. And these fish live in a higher pH than most of your fish you want to keep.

8 angel fish,

Your tank will have to be quite large, and will fit into a 50 gallon if you only have 2 or 4. But I would keep 8 Angels in 100 + gallon tank. And it would want to be large if you have mostly males.

1 pleco,

If it is a come pleco you will want a tank around or over 100 gallons.

2 jack dempseys.

These fish can be quite grumpy. And from a lot of research a lot of people recommend a tank of around 2000lts. Also these fish have a different pH to most of the other fish you want to keep.

I personally would think about what fish you like the most. Then give us a list of their names and we can tell you if they are compatible in water parameters or not.

mac

you know that the likelihood of a bigger tank being purchased is unlikely:D

Thats a bit unfair to say..dnt u think?

how do you know its unlikely...? I have a 180lt, 280ltr and a 850ltr tank.

im sure i would go larger if needed.

850ltr tank is still under construction :D will post pics when its finnaly done.

except he forgot to mention how aggressive the Jack Dempseys will be.

Thats because I don't think they are aggressive. Not for central americans anyway. JD's tend to ignore other large-ish fish that ignore them, in my experience anyway. They are more than capable of defending themselves if needed though and definitely aren't a community fish, they just aren't particularly aggressive as far as cichlids (especially central americans) go.