October 7, 200818 yr comment_266138 wow all this talk has got me paranoid will it be detrimental for the fish if they didn't have anything but got treated by PP? I always get paranoid everytime I get new fish. Report
October 7, 200818 yr comment_266144 PP is really good for getting rid of parasites. Your best bet with new fishies is to quarantine them. If they show signs of anything, then treat them. I prefer not to treat my fish unless I really have to, not as a preventative measure (There may have been some overmedication experiences!). Of course, others might have completely different opinions, and prefer to treat all new fish. Report
October 7, 200818 yr comment_266148 yeah i think its up to hte individual, lots of ppl have used PP successfully, im just a bit wary because of a bad experience Report
October 7, 200818 yr comment_266151 all medication poses some risk(mainly incorect dosage,and just intolerence by some fish) I quarantine all new fish for 6weeks without exceptions i prefer to only medicate if there is a cause to. Yes paranoia can take over but usually if i know a fish is not right i will observe for a couple of days before acting both medications are generally tolerated very well Report
October 7, 200818 yr comment_266157 I've had my 6' tank set up for almost two months now and had no fatalities, I've recently added 10 cardinals and 6 glowlights and am adding two more Discus from the new imports by Tony Tan - should I dose my tank with a low dose med just to be safe? Can't afford to lose my tank occupants - spent almost a grand on stocking. Report
October 7, 200818 yr comment_266159 I dont believe in low dose meds they cause resistant to meds either kick it in the ass or not at all. If there isnt a problem with your tank i wouldnt medicate . Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.