SunSun tanks

keriboi

Im looking at a 250lt Sunsun tank on TM with stand.

Looks very nice for the price. Just been to hollywoods and their similar aqua one tanks are twice the price, maybe for a reason?

So are these any good?

Are T5 lights the best?

I will ditch the stock filter and put in a Fluval 305 cannister

I have a Fluval Tronic 300w heater

i have had one for two years & its mint. i added a canister but kept using the hood filter & can overstock my africans no problems. In time you'll appreciate the alloy hood as it won't deteriorate & will remain strong, even if its your cats favourite place to sleep! The cabinet will last longeras the foil covering wraps around the front edge of the panels to help stop water getting in to.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 230 lt.It is good but I use a Fluval 405 external.There are some points that make them cheaper,the glass quality is not as good as AR Cause AR use quality floated glass,build quality of cabinet is acceptable but IMO AR build quality is better,the lid fit and rear lid hinge arrangement is ok but could be better and some of the silicone finishing could have been better concealed.But i got one and dont get me wrong they are excellent value for money!! thats why i bought it.I would if I had more cash to spend at the time bought an AR and will do so in a couple of years at the moment it is more than adequate. hope this helps

i have had one for two years & its mint. i added a canister but kept using the hood filter & can overstock my africans no problems. In time you'll appreciate the alloy hood as it won't deteriorate & will remain strong, even if its your cats favourite place to sleep! The cabinet will last longeras the foil covering wraps around the front edge of the panels to help stop water getting in to.

Alloy Hood ? mine is all plastic how old is yours ? I wonder if they changed the construction very interesting :-?