Police Officer Killed

Ant N

And the hippies say our police don't need to carry guns... :roll:

Makes me sad and angry just thinking about it, even worse when you think that the lowlifes who did it will spend the next 10 years watching sky tv with underfloor heating, 3 good meals a day and big street cred for having killed a police officer.

:evil:

Don't blame it on P, blame it on the people that do this kind of thing. Until people are made accountable for their actions things like this will continue to happen. How many people use p every day and don't do this. People need to say how it is, if you don't work its no ones fault but your own. If you can't look after your children and bring them up to be good people its no ones fault but your own. May be Sue Bradford could sit these people down and tell them how very dad they have been and send them to there room. What a waste, how sad for the family for there son/daughter to go to work and not come home.

Don't blame it on P, blame it on the people that do this kind of thing. Until people are made accountable for their actions things like this will continue to happen. How many people use p every day and don't do this. People need to say how it is, if you don't work its no ones fault but your own. If you can't look after your children and bring them up to be good people its no ones fault but your own. May be Sue Bradford could sit these people down and tell them how very dad they have been and send them to there room. What a waste, how sad for the family for there son/daughter to go to work and not come home.

Have you ever been around someone on P or other hard drugs?

i agree with everyone and if it were up to me they wouldnt even get a trial i would just shoot them. there is no place in society for drop kick loosers like that and the sooner we get a backbone as a country we will be able to deal with these gutless thugs and all be able to feel safe again.

Have you ever been around someone on P or other hard drugs?

I can remember having 200 motorbikes on the front lawn at 7.00 am in the morning and being dropped off to school by them. Police raids before going to school looking for guns after a shooting and a lot more than that. I have seen people shoot up hard drugs and the results of this first hand and can say the alcohol can be just as bad. I'm sure you can remember the newsreader that was on TV that was smoking P before hand. These people will do these things no matter what they are on or not. Ask your self what is the worst drug and it is alcohol by a factor of 10. It’s the people not the drugs, don't let them off so easy by saying that they are nice it’s only the drugs. Is that enough or do you want to here more.

I agree don't blame the drugs. Drugs don't go on trial people do. If we blame the drugs that will be their defence in court, the drugs made me do it. What a load of stuff! Even if they were high they knew what they were doing. I agree with BK alcohol can be just as bad. I do feel for the family not having their loved one come home at the end of the day, thats terrible for anyone to go through especially kids. My condolences to the family and friends affected by this tragedy.

BK I think what you are trying to say is don't go easy on them because they were on drugs, not don't blame the drugs. There is a pretty good chance that had they not been fried they wouldn't have done what they did, so the drugs are to blame, at least partly. But, I agree with you 100% that they should still be held fully responsible for their actions and should not be let off lightly because they were on drugs.

I know there are people who use drugs regularly and are otherwise normal law abiding citizens. The problem isn't so much caused by the drugs themselves, but the desperation of an addiction that consumes your life and distorts your perspective.

they died for a job they love doing

because they were out armed, the crims had more fire power. Cops need guns!

My mate who is a cop up here is working on the murder in Mangapai, from what he has told me how it happened they definately need guns!

Its about time we stopped tolerating the crims & they got what they deserve.

Capital punishment doesn't decrease crime rates. And what happens when the cops get it wrong, as they sometimes do? And no trial, are you serious?

i agree with everyone and if it were up to me they wouldnt even get a trial i would just shoot them. there is no place in society for drop kick loosers like that and the sooner we get a backbone as a country we will be able to deal with these gutless thugs and all be able to feel safe again.

Capital punishment doesn't decrease crime rates.

I disagree, look at Singapore. Or Graham Burton and William Bell. Both obviously guilty beyond reasonable doubt, 4 innocent lives could have been saved if they'd been given a bullet (not to mention the dollars wasted in keeping them alive).

http://canadaonline.about.com/od/crime/ ... cappun.htm That's only one example. Google around, and I think you'll find you are mistaken.

I agree, Burton was guilty beyond reasonable doubt and should not have been released the first time. I don't know the Bell case, sorry. I'm all for hard labour and life sentences actually meaning life. My point is, you cannot execute people, simply because the justice system gets it wrong on occasion.

I disagree, look at Singapore. Or Graham Burton and William Bell. Both obviously guilty beyond reasonable doubt, 4 innocent lives could have been saved if they'd been given a bullet (not to mention the dollars wasted in keeping them alive).

William Bell is the guy who shot and killed 3 people at the Panmure RSA while out on parole. Yet another one with a list of convictions as long as your arm, obviously showing no desire to rehabilitate and become a contributing member of society, if he didn't deserve a bullet before the RSA thing he sure does now...

:evil:

These people could've done this at any time. P could've been the tipping point this time or they may have just split up with their girlfriend. I think the biggest problem is that we don't hold people responsible for their actions at all levels. I think we should bring back hard labour and chain gangs. May be we should have public hangings for people like Bell and Burton where the case is so clear-cut. It might not decrease the murder rate but it is a fair punishment for the crime, saying that I would hate to have to do it.

I think we are missing the point it dosnt matter weather they were taking p dope booze the fact of the matter is they took someones life and most probably have ruined allot of others as a result.Im sick and tired of all the excuses from mamby pamby doo gooder's ok.Iv been to jail for DIC and i excepted that and didnt complain after all no one made me drink the beer and no one made me hop in my car and drive after ward, knowing i was over the limit these are decisions i knowingly made and excepted responsability for.im not going to blame my up bringing or say i was hit as a child i just excepted that i was in the wrong and moved on.The problem is we no longer have victim support in this country it has gone full circle and its now criminal support. And all the doo gooders bend over backwards making excuses why these guys have done this, and iv had enough of these silly people - edit Billaneytelling me that we need to rehibilitate them they dont deserve it we need to focus on what the victim deserves and not the gutless criminals do as far as im concerned when you kill someone in cold blood like that you loose your rights as a citizen.

I agree Sharkie, look at what happened to the police officer who shot the guy (Steven Wallace?) who was going on a rampage with a baseball bat years ago. I'd say is life has been far more ruined than it will be for the guy that killed this police officer.

And the prisoners in Hastings who were moved because their cells were mouldy. They should have been given a toothbrush and a bottle of jif and told to start scrubbing...

well said david your a man after my own heart....as a society the sooner we take a look at ourselves and take responsability of our own actions instead of looking to blame someone else the better off we all will be.do you remember the home invasion of beverly boma a few years back were they raped her while her husband was there then killed her? well her husband died a few years after from cancer which probably developed through the stress he suffered from it...well the guy who killed her has been out for a while my mate just arrested him the other day for selling P so i ask the doo gooders where is the justice in that and further more so much for rehibilitation...mind you they would probably argue he is rehibilitated as he hasnt killed anyone since just dealt a bit off P.

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/1-vt33 ... sc&start=0

Werent we all just discussing the cops in this thread?

Who now wants to front up to this cops devastated family and call him a lazy quota hungry cop?

I can only imagine the devastation this family is feeling and my full sympathy goes out to them.

A P bust or not, he didnt deserve to die on the whim of some crazy that society now has to pay for!

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/1-vt33449.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Werent we all just discussing the cops in this thread?

Who now wants to front up to this cops devastated family and call him a lazy quota hungry cop?

I can only imagine the devastation this family is feeling and my full sympathy goes out to them.

A P bust or not, he didnt deserve to die on the whim of some crazy that society now has to pay for!

i never ever said in that thread that i wanted to see cops get killed, i never said that the jobthey did wasnt dangerous, only that they should be doing more work to stop thingssuch as this happening, instead of sitting at teh roadside, agreed that is part of thier job, but the incentive is all wrong, placing focus on petty things such as speeding (yes speed kills, but so do P fries and other detritus of society) rather then getting onto the society to make it a better place. given i did mouth off quite a bit, but who hasnt?

i believe capital punishment works, rather then "life" imprisonment whereby our muderers and rapists get let off early for "good" behaviour.

in Suadi Arabia, if you steal, you get your fingers cut off, you kill, you rape, you deal drugs, the punishment is similair. now, not saying NZ has to adopt this sort of extreme punishment, but, the laws here need to be beefed up.

its like having a naughty kid, if one set of punishment doesnt work you move up to harsher and harsher punishment until the desired result is achieved. right now in NZ people are running rings around thecops through loopholes and soft laws.

also cops need guns, and to be TRAINED to use them appropriately. Tasers should also become part of normal training.

im genuinely sorry for this guy and his family, and i think its shocking that this has happened, but it highlights the move in criminal activity in NZ

I disagree with quota systems, i've seen far too much dangerous driving, that hasnt been policed :/

Double lane roundabout, i'm in left hand lane, going right round, person in right hand lane WITHOUT INDICATING goes flying past straight ahead... just misses me :/

Same roundabout, old couple in right hand lane (left hand lane exit only), wander out of their lane, missing the front of my car by literally inches.

Some broz in a lowered car, showing no lights, no licence plate, comes flying out of a driveway infront of me, and then goes through a red light, just missing another car.

Its not the speeding, its the useless drivers....