Breeding gold rams

Hi guys,

In a few weeks I might try breeding my gold rams (I just have to get rid of some of my fighters but not many people want any :( ). I made a post a while ago but can't find it. I've been reading on the net but some people say it's best to breed them in a tank with sand and plants and others say a bare bottom tank is best. What should I use? I think in my other post someone said they had a bare bottom tank with flat rocks that they bred on. Also some people say pots are best (theres lots of diferent opinions :roll: ). I was going to use a bare bottom 25ltr tank with a sponge filter with flat rocks. Will that be OK? Should I have my male and my 2 females or just 1 male and 1 female? What else do I need to know for raising the fry?

I think one male and one female should be fine , I had a pot and flat rock in with mine and they choose the pot.

Is this normal golds?

are you going to leave the parents in there?

If not , put an air stone in there and meth blue and cover the tank up.

Temp up to 30 tho mine was on 28

once free swimming i fed mine on mirco worms, egg yolk etc.

Hope that helps

I think these are the balloon ones. I've had them ages so I know they're healthy and in good condition so hopefully they'll breed fairly quickly. Do I put the pot on it's side or do I put a hole in the side so they can go in? I'll put the themp to around 30. Whats the advantages and disadvantages of leaving the parents in with them? If I leave them in do they raise them to a certain point then have another batch of fry like BNs do or do they have one at a time? Do you have pics of your setup mitzy?

I will try and put a pic up later just having problems with the cam think i need a new one .

My tank consists of a bit of wood with jave moss on , a sponge filter, an air stone , flat rock , terracotta pot lying down , heater , temp gage.

The parents tend to eat the eggs tho you maybe lucky and they wont mine got to the second day then ate them.

I guess if the parents were able to it with out eating them then i guess they would pick of the funus ones and do a great drop at fanning them.