balloon ram or normal?

Whiskas

To me if its not normal which this one isn't then its a balloon ram, maybe this one showed varying degree's of deformaties to some of the others around, but bottom line its a balloon ram.

Just for comparason this is my normal gold that I used to have..

DSC051621600x1200.jpg

Compare it to these and it is very obviously balloon.

I doubt even a normal with bloat would get that deformed.

k, thanx. Ryanjury's does seem to be more streamlined.

So how do you end up with a balloon ram like my mums? Is it just too much inbreeding? And is it inbreeding to get the smaller size or the brighter colours? Cos mums appears to be a brighter yellow than the one ryanjury posted, which is why i ask.

Ryanjury's with the long fins, is pretty cool but is it considered "normal"? (this is not an insult, just wondering)

Is it possible to breed the ballon shape out? Back to a more normal shape?

I don't know where they come..

My guess is that someone somewhere was breeding them and got a mutated one come out and then just bred for that mutation until it bred true, people will breed whatever will sell..

Colours are usually the same between the balloon's and normals.. My one was what I would call a normal long finned gold..

It is probably possible to breed the balloon shape out, but probably not practical as it would probably take many many years and alot of breeding to get there..

I believe (if they're not infertile) that balloon's will produce balloon offspring.