poweroutage for 5 hours

Silvia-15

When the big storm hit Levin a few weeks back, our power was out for 5 Days :evil: :evil:

Ended up buying 2 generators in the end, thought I was going to have a tank full of DEAD FISH by the end of day 2.

When we got the generators up and running, the first thing to be sorted of course was hooking up my fishtank, THANK GOODNESS all of my fish survived to my surprise, the temp reading was no where to be seen on the Temp Strip, so I have no idea just how low the temp did get.

Everything is back to normal now which is great, you really don't realise just how much you take these things for granted untill you have to go without them for a few days.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

This seems as good as any thread to ask.

We will be going away later this year for just a few days, bout 3 nights.

Whats the best plan with the lighting for the tank, normally of course we turn them on first thing in the morning and off when we hit the sack later that night.

Now i wouldnt want to ask someone to pop over each day to do all that for us. Is it best to leave them on the whole time we are away or off?

It is only 3 nights and 4 days.

Unless you have live corals or a heavily planted tank then the lights are purely cosmetic. The fish would probably be happier with out them.

Yeah thats what i thought, they are in a pretty well lit room anyway.

Not sure how a timer would flick 2 switches though :-?

You just stick a double adapter into it and plug in 2 lights...or a multi board for more. Simple :D Leave light switch on all the time. Timer will turn it off and on at the times you set. I use timers for all my turtle lights. Never have to think about them then. (9 lights at present).... timers were all under $10 each. :D

You just stick a double adapter into it and plug in 2 lights...or a multi board for more. Simple :D Leave light switch on all the time. Timer will turn it off and on at the times you set. I use timers for all my turtle lights. Never have to think about them then. (9 lights at present).... timers were all under $10 each. :D

Sweet, will look into that for any longer periods we are away.

Sounds like leaving the lights off for 3 or 4 days wont do any harm, might slow the bloody plants down

:D