small black morres

snake kid

I have kept black morres before and really enjoyed it as he was very friendly ate out of my hand and swam through hoops on my command this fish died pre maturely because he was in a tank that was too small this made me very sad and I would like to start again with black morres so does anyone know where I could get some as they are very difficult to find and also how many litres they need in there tank :(

• 2 weeks later...

wOw yOu gOt yOurs tO dO that?? - mine just swam around all day.

when I kept goldfish (before I switched to tropicals) I only ever went to goldfish breeders, you pay a bit more because they were bred well - petshops will ever only have nymphs (basically poorly bred ones - either fins, or body shape or whatever that doesn't conform with the actual standards).

my Black Moor was 15 years old before it died of old age - it even had cateracts :o (he was also imported hence I paid a lot for him)

how many are you looking at housing? because Goldfish do make the water dirty more than tropicals - you'll need to maintain it well.

hope this helps