reptiles

snake kid

hi i am new to FNZAS and also new to reptiles I have keept many anphibians such as fire bellied newts and various kinds of frogs

I would like to know a reptile which is not too expensive (under three hundred dollars ) fairly easy too keep is friendly must be able to be handled by humans and does not require to much time to look after maybe abit too much too ask but please help me thanks!

The best you can get is a blue tongue but you do have to look at it to see if there is food ... all of the other reptile love live food but these can live on fruit and the right cat or dog food .

But if you do not handled then will not be freindly and they will bite .

But I think with what you ask you should get a dog or cat

If you need something that doesn't take up too much time then I really think you should wait until you do have more time.

When you buy an animal it is totally dependent on you for its food, companionship and good quality of life. If you don't have much time you will not be able to provide adequately for it.

You also need to look long term. These reptiles live many years I believe. I assume you still live at home and go to school at the moment? What happens when you leave school, then home? Will you be able to find somewhere to live that allows pets? What if you decide to go overseas? Who will look after your pet? It isn't fair to expect your parents to do so (been there, done that!).