baby discus gill fluke

Olly

i have just read about baby discus being susceptable to a gill fluke.

i have seen my baby discus flashing many times but didnt think anything of it until reading that it can kill them.

is there any way i can treat for it? they are all between 3 and 4 cm

Prazi or fluke tabs. You shouldn't have gill flukes if you've kept up with daily water changes, fish flash for many reason. That said, it's good to treat your discus for worms on a regular basis like cats or dogs so hit them with prazi anyways. You can get dog worming pills and add to food or water or if you know any discus breeders you might be able to find some liquid stuff to add to the water but it's hard to get (has to be purchased in large quantities or imported) so a lot more expensive but you get the same amount of treatment for your dollar.

ive been giving them daily 15-20% water changes, missing a day maybe once every 10 days. they are in a tank with gravel and i dont think it is as clean as a bare bottom so im moving them into a bigger barebottom tank this weekend along with the blue rams & cockatoo

Down here i got a box of prazi over the counter from a place called CRT Co-operative. Its a farmers trading shop.... They sell it as Droncit and it is about $45 for a 50 tab box or you might get lucky and be able to buy just one sheet that has 10 tabs. Anyway, there should some farmers co-op in Palmy but make sure that it is droncit....

my vet had to order it (droncit).

They said it will be no more than $2 a Tab. I think they said one tab was 50mg from memory but not sure, will find out when i get it in a couple of day's.

I also got some PP (potassium permanganate) but this is pretty harsh stuff.

I'm no expert, have just been reading on FNZAS and other sites as I've been losing baby discus.

Good luck and let me know what works for you.