oto's better in numbers?

morfin

Hiya, we have two otto's in our 200 litre tank, along with many other tank mates of course, they are about 9 months old but we only just realised they were still alive as they hide all the time.

are Otto's a fish that do better and come out more in bigger numbers? We have a good bit of algae on the front of the tank but they don't really have any interest in it, instead they would rather clean the algae off our plants, so should be good to support more, just wondering if it was an influence or not.

Cheers

Yes, ottos definitely like their buddies around them. But even when I had six in a 3-foot tank they would hide all the time. I used to go for months wondering if there were still any ottos in there, and then one day they would all pop out the front for some reason and I would be amazed to see them! One of the nice surprises in a heavily planted tank! :lol:

(Actually calling it "heavily planted" is a bit too flash... more like a neglected jungle but the fish seemed to like it ok)

(Actually calling it "heavily planted" is a bit too flash... more like a neglected jungle but the fish seemed to like it ok)

Haha, totally OT but that's like our front yard. Our neighbours probably hate us but the cats like it, have tunnels for hunting small creatures and everything :lol: