Fertilization

Doc Holiday

Hi Doc,

From what I can gather from what I read, the Seachem Flourish product range are hugely popular at the moment (particularly in the States). You can get details of the products at . I came across them from reading a similar forum to this one but devoted to planted tanks (its primarily American though...). It can be perused at <http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/>

Based on what I read there, I decided to give the Seachem products a try and so far so good. I was particularly pleased with the 'Flourish Excel' product which, although sold as a source of carbon for aquatic plants as a supplement to CO2 injection, has the happy side-effect of killing BBA.

I'm also using the 'Flourish' fertiliser which I'm very happy with. Naturally, it has no Phosphates or Nitrates which might encourage unwanted algal growth.

I was able to order these ferts from Redwood Aquatics in Christchurch- not too far from you... Redwood have been great.

Just my tuppence worth

:wink:

I've just gone with iron and trace elements mix from a garden center mixed up in some water, squirt a bit in every once in a while. In fact, the only time I got much algae was when I ran out of the mix and didn't get around to mixing up another batch for a month or two.