HELP!! GOLDEN GOURAMI ROCKING

tracytrout

:bounce: Hi There, Two weeks ago I bought a group of 6 gourami's, a pair of golden and four 3spot gourami's who all seemed to get along famously until a few days ago when a couple of the blues started harrassing one of the golden gourami. They've eased up a bit but the golden is now swimming eratically, a slow rocking movement most of the time except when one of the blues comes near and then it'll swim properly, more as a means of escape I think. It never tries to hide in the tank as there are many hidey holes...is this weird rocking movement stress of the start of a disease......have done water check and it's ok, did 25% water change also and added extra Aqua Plus. My next option is to remove/sell the 4 blues as I'd prefer to keep the goldens. Any help you can give would really be appreciated as I'm fairly new to tropicals :bounce:

Cheers

Tracy

It is one very unhappy gourami and the situation will only get worse. Blues are more aggressive than the others for some reason. Are the blues male? They are worse.

The rocking may be a result of injury or its way of appearing less threatening to the more aggressive fish.

If the bullying doesn't settle down you may have to rehome the victim.