possible new tank

minchton

Recently I started off a four foot marine tank with a lot of help from you guys. One thing I was warned about is that "marine is an addiction"

Now I have been offered a new tank. It is 1520x800wx700h,with sump.

It has all the necessary holes and plumbing.

Answers please.

1. water without rocks would be around 800L. Once the rocks are in would my Deltec MCE600 skimmer handle this size tank.

2. My current lights are 2x150halides. Would these have to be upgraded.

3. I have a wavemaker with three power heads but have more I can use. Would I have to use more than three.I also use a canister filter for extra water circulation.

4. What other gadgets would be essential for this size. Please dont scare my partner off the idea.

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Mitch

1. The MCE600 skimmer is a hang on job right? It is rated for high stocking at 450 litres or low stocking at 700 litres so you will need to upgrade it.

2. I would think you would need to upgrade, IMHO going over 600mm deep you start to require more powerful hallides.

3. Ask Pies for this one?!!!

The Deltec mce600 will be on the edge of its capacity. you will have to upgrade the skimmer to a larger model. there are no larger hang on skimmers.

The lighting will be ok , however would recommend 250w.

water current will have to be increase by a lot, depends what size pumps your as using currently. if you are using 3xeheim 1060s, then it is ok. but if they are smaller you will need more current.

also having a sump should be looked at, so you can put your heaters in and skimmer etc. water volume would be incresed which is all good.

Cool! Stick with those 150W thats what I use & if I say so myself my tank is pretty good(modesty) the skimmer would cope for now but don't overstock,upgrade later easy to sell yours!

on the water movement side.....you can never have too much :D , do you get a pump to go in yr sump with that new tank?