Pleco vs Cichlid....

1/2waysgood

Crazy as......

It's the morning, I feed the fish..... The adult keyholes come out for a much, as does pecker (the plec) when all of a sudden- - - - - B A N G ! ! ! The cichlids start nipping pecker, which he really does NOT like :roll: , then blow me down with a frick'n Nth Is. storm, the pleco actually LATCHES on to the other fish and whoa....... they didn't like that...

Freak'n weird but good to see pecker standing up for himself!

Has anybody else seen a 'pecker' attack any other fish before? The latching on was really serious..... he held on for a good 10 seconds while the keyholes spazzed out (as would I...). Still can't really believe what I saw as they get on so well together, well, from what I actually see...

I have seen the odd plec of ours get stroppy in the past.... never latched onto any of the cichlids, however, have been grumpy over a piece of food or pleco chip and done the whole go for the fish thing as if to say rack off...

Bet the Keyhole got the shock of his life :lol:

(Aaaah - good! This has been moved to be in the right category :lol: )

They were at it again last night. The cichlids had a lay (again) and Pecka wasn't happy. They fought for at least 20mins, of what I saw and it seems the fighting is getting worse....

Gonna have to get rid of Pecka. :cry: For the best. :cry::cry:

Congrats!? Argh, no. I'm sick of frick'n eggs all the time....

Just got another tank but as it's planted, I'm not gonna run the risk of having the keyholes in there. They dig waaay too much! And as for putting Pecka in there, he'll destroy the plants aswell. (sigh)

I have a 'hospital' tank for my plants that have come back from the dead, and yet another tank with b/acara babies in. Neither of them will be suitable. And I'm sure I have to stop buying tanks at some stage, eh? 5 tanks in this room alone.

It's hard saying "goodbye" to a friend (!?), but at least he's still alive and will end up in a happy home, hopefully :wink: