Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Moss Wall And Filter Pipes

Featured Replies

Currently, I have the pipes set up on the back of the tank, the intake is on the right of the tank, and the outflow is going from the right to the left of the tank.

Now, I want to put up a moss wall (found some wire meshing at Bunnings, 1 meter x 40cm for 4 dollars) but am not sure where to put the filters. Should I put the meshing in front of the filters? Or put the filters elsewhere? It seems to me that it would be a hassle to clean the filter pipes if I were to put it at the back, but wouldn't look as nice if I were to put it at the front or the sides.

Suggestions anyone?

I had a moss wall in a small 36 litre tank. I had a HOB filter, so an intake pipe much like you'd have with a big cannister filter. It just sat in front of the moss wall, and the moss grew around it a bit. Moss didn't block the intake either.

Just leave the filter pipes where they are and put the moss wall behind them. Then pretend the wall isnt there :wink:

i hope ur not using metal mesh wire metal in tanks not good i have some gutter guard u can have its 1cm sq mesh plastic moss walls look good , with the plastic mesh you can heat it and bend it to complex shapes if u want

  • Author
I had a moss wall in a small 36 litre tank. I had a HOB filter, so an intake pipe much like you'd have with a big cannister filter. It just sat in front of the moss wall, and the moss grew around it a bit. Moss didn't block the intake either.

Just leave the filter pipes where they are and put the moss wall behind them. Then pretend the wall isnt there :wink:

But how would I anchor the pipes to the wall? I don't think they pipes would stick to the mesh well enough. The pipes are currently stuck to the tank using suction cups.

i hope ur not using metal mesh wire metal in tanks not good i have some gutter guard u can have its 1cm sq mesh plastic moss walls look good , with the plastic mesh you can heat it and bend it to complex shapes if u want

Heh, it is plastic alright. I made sure of that.

well, take the suction cup off the pipe. Stick it to the back wall of your tank. Cut an appropriate hole in the mesh for the sticky outy bit of the suction cup. Place mesh on back of tank, with sticky outy bits poking through, then attach pipes again.

I did this with the 2 heater suction cups when I did mine.

I hope that makes sense :lol:

  • Author

Heh, yes it does. Actually, I had just fixed the meshing just a few minutes ago. The pipes actually press against the meshing providing additional support, so that's all good.

Now to wait for the moss to fill the meshing in ... At least a year heh.

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.