starting to breed my fighter

fishoe

any help would be great my male won't build a nest they been in there tank for 1 day females are in their own containers in the tank male flares up at them and they turn round is this normal when should i let them into the tank with the male feeding blood worm flake brine shrimp daphnia the females are fat as :hail: :-?

I'm not totally sure but if you should breed him with more than one female at a time. When I bred mine I only used one female. Make sure you have something for him to make the nest under like mitzy said.

I don't. My breeding setup is a tank with a sponge filter, heater set at 27 degress, light, lid for him to make a nest under and then have her in a clear jar/container (mines 250mls). What happens with my pair is I set the tank up with the male in it add the female to the tank in a container, usually 24hours later he's made a bubblenest then I put the female in the tank with him and they breed around 24 hours later. I'd put a towel over the tank or sit back a bit. The reason is I think when they see you they see you they don't do much but when you leave or they can't see you the female comes out more. Every time I leave the room they start breed which annoys me but I usually get to watch.

:D tricks:

male 1st in, female 2nd in, 3days apart, handful java moss, let her go when she up and down in jar, do not worry too much, just keep an good eye on them, her fins gona to be pinched anyway, if two hrs l8r still sudden movement, they are not happy couple, use your other prepaired female, two breeding time: 10-11am or 4-5pm.

wait until they become free swimming before feeding them. first they hatrch and they can only swim up and down and they still have their egg sack (this is my favourite things to watch them do) and the male will try his hardest to keep them in the nest but mine never does. then when their eggs sack is gone you take the male out as he may eat them if he gets stressed as he wont be able to keep them all in the nest. You can feed them bbs, microworms, liquid fry and decap bbs. the more water changes you do the faster they grow also the bigger the tank makes them grow faster (but I grew mine out in a 28 ltr and got a fairly good success rate). also congrats on having them breed

depends on how many you have and what size tank you have. The more the room and the more you feed them the fatser they'll grow. Mine grow very very slow as I seem to always get lots and try to raise them in a small tank :oops: . In the first 3 weeks I thought I killed most mine off and thouhgt I only had 20 at the most and now that they're bigger it's closer to 120 :o:o . Good luck. what colour and fin type were the parents?