I'm babysitting - help!

Adrienne

I am going to be looking after a couple of 20cm oscars from Saturday for a few weeks while they are in transit to their new home.

Have a 4ft tank set up as of tonight. Also have an external cannister filter which I will start up tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have any spare media to kick start it.

What should I feed them. What is the preferred tank temp.

Suggestions welcome as I don't know the first thing about them but would like them to remain happy and healthy while in my care.

Not having a seeded filter would concern me a little.... Oscars are good eaters but very messy, a good dry pellet food, wouldn't feed anything too messy.. and would definately feed sparingly... is there anyway someone around that area might have some filter media spare to help kick start canister? They also appreciate a good water change 8)

Around 26 for temp, give or take 8)

adodge, I live in Avondale and have two eheim filters running on my tank, so you could have a bunch of media out of one if you like (eheim stuff is expensive though so you'd have to give it back eventually!)

Also I run a pretty low pH on my community tank - I don't know if that makes any difference to the filter media or the kinds of greeblies that live in it.

Send me a pm if interested.