July 17, 200818 yr comment_251978 I am going to be looking after a couple of 20cm oscars from Saturday for a few weeks while they are in transit to their new home. Have a 4ft tank set up as of tonight. Also have an external cannister filter which I will start up tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have any spare media to kick start it. What should I feed them. What is the preferred tank temp. Suggestions welcome as I don't know the first thing about them but would like them to remain happy and healthy while in my care. Report
July 17, 200818 yr comment_251981 they eat just about anything lol And they are very very messy. needs a good filter system. Temp 22-30 degs I don't know too much about they but there is plenty of people here that do Good luck Report
July 17, 200818 yr comment_252019 Not having a seeded filter would concern me a little.... Oscars are good eaters but very messy, a good dry pellet food, wouldn't feed anything too messy.. and would definately feed sparingly... is there anyway someone around that area might have some filter media spare to help kick start canister? They also appreciate a good water change 8) Around 26 for temp, give or take 8) Report
July 18, 200818 yr Author comment_252071 I will do daily water changes and test for the next week or so. Am starting the cannister today so will chuck some cycle in and some other bits and pieces to help boot it along. Report
July 18, 200818 yr comment_252078 Cool 8) You will love them I am sure, and possibly won't end up wanting to part with them :lol: Report
July 18, 200818 yr comment_252092 adodge, I live in Avondale and have two eheim filters running on my tank, so you could have a bunch of media out of one if you like (eheim stuff is expensive though so you'd have to give it back eventually!) Also I run a pretty low pH on my community tank - I don't know if that makes any difference to the filter media or the kinds of greeblies that live in it. Send me a pm if interested. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.