How I know it's Winter...

fishtv

When I was a kid my brother had a goldfish (in a bowl of course). We had an adult cat who would drink the water out of the bowl, but then we got a kitten who would balance on the edge of the bowl and try to catch the fish.

One day Mum caught the kitten trying to catch the fish so she snuck up behind it and pushed it in! :o

The kitten never balanced on the edge again and never tried to catch the fish. It took a long time before it would even drink out of the bowl again.

Well the same thing happened to my cat when he was a kitten, he continuously tried fishing in our fish pond out back, then one day he fell in, jumped straight back up and my mum caught him mid-flight. Very amusing, and he never went back! (Dont worry - we did eventually put mesh on top of the pond to stop birds and cats!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: clever mum cat! Wish you could use that on kids sometimes!! :roll: :D

:oops: That's what happens when you half read a post when you are at work on the ref desk and should be doing library stuff.