Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Female guppy help with pic

Featured Replies

This girl was one of the very lucky ones that has been born and survived in my community tank. Thought she might be an albino throwback but has black eyes. Being quite fond of her i check her out closely and have noticed she getting a bit enlarged like she's pregnant. But as you can see she doesnt have a black gravid spot. Is more of an orangey colour with tiny black dots. Could she be infertile? or could it be a possibility that she's going to have the same coloured babies as she is? I have another tank i can put her in.

2008_0713pic0023.jpg

I can't see anything wrong with her, I'd expect she's not very far in to pregnancy though, so the gravid spot may not be very noticable, she also looks quite young so this could have something to do with it. I wouldn't expect any fry for a few weeks yet.

Babies will be a cross between her genetics and the genetics of whoever daddy was (or daddies as the case may be). They can store sperm, so you wont really know until the fry grow up.

If in a few weeks the belly isn't larger and/or you haven't seen fry then you could say possibly infertile, but for the moment just looks like a regular female golden guppy. She also could be just too young, I'd wait until she's a bit older before being too certain.

I have a golden coloured female and she never gets a really dark gravid spot, it looks orangey and gets a few little spots when she is about to pop but nothing like the darker coloured female I have

  • Author

Yeah, she's still young but there are 2 other females that are the same. Just they have a black patch. She is getting a bit of a belly tho, thats why i tought i'd ask. I have a 60ltr grow up tank that i usually put some of the mums in before they birth (away from hungary mouths) so i can put her in there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.