Fish ID

Naz_Nomad

Well, I now have a Rifts tank and would love to know the name and origins of the remaining "unnamed" cichlids I have in there...

Answer correctly and you *could* win a cruise (or not), but any help from the experts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I know they're not the best pictures, just do your best eh?

Rifts002.jpg

Rifts007.jpg

Rifts017.jpg

Rifts027.jpg

Rifts025.jpg

It would be nice to have the space to seperate them into different tanks. Maybe when I move house and get a whole room just for fishy stuff... 8)

Pics 3 & 4 are gorgeous fish, they will be awesome when they grow up some. Got three of the pic 4 and just the one pic 3 fishies.

Odd bunch I personally would not keep that combination together

Thank you very much Johannes... Out of interest, why not? I realise the mix isn't well planned or anything, but I would welcome advice on why these are not ideally suited?

What size is that tank?

The tank is a 3 foot tank and will be upgraded eventually to either a four/five or eight foot tank once I move house and gain more space and sell my car to afford bigger tanks.

These will probably be going into the main tank, which is currently planned as an eight foot. The Oscars will go in the four or five foot tank in the study.

The wife seems to think that selling the car will pay for blinds for the new place. I say we can afford both! Especially with my back pay and pay rise due in a couple of months!! Woo Hoo! MTS!

The wife seems to think that selling the car will pay for blinds for the new place. I say we can afford both! Especially with my back pay and pay rise due in a couple of months!! Woo Hoo! MTS!

:lol: :lol: Remember you are dealing with a female :D

The second pic.. Naz, are you able to get a front on shot for me... or more side on, front side on shot...

And the chances of the little guys staying still now I actually need to take a picture are slim.

Here's my best effort so far...

Rifts028.jpg

Of course, he has now decided to take a dump... typical!

personally I have had all sort in mix tanks for display sometimes it dose not work well don't keep tangs with haps or mubuna they always seem to get the shorter end of the stick! :roll:

Thanks for that. If any of the guys get beaten up, there will be plenty of space to rehouse them in another month or two. As they are all happy at the moment, they can stay together. Especially as I don't have space to rehouse at the moment.

Yep def demasoni, brichardi and litho male..

Last pic I am not convinced of ice blue female it could be but would need more pic's they not usually show that much barring but could at a random point in time.. The other zebra, who knows? As afrikan said it depends if it came from a breeder or petshop most likely hybrid maybe aurora but ive never kept them (maybe johannes can help here)..

Mix isn't all bad I currently keep my pulchers and jullies in my big african display tank here http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/my-tank--vt31753.html they probably get picked on the least because they small and so much different to the other fish they don't see them as a threat. They are at a long term risk of becoming front/giraffe food but will be removed before then.