Blue Rams have spawned!! Ive seen fry.

Dixon1990

I got 3-1male 2 female yesterday and they have settled in well,

But just before i realised he was chasing one of the females around heaps and the neons, so i had a look for the other female but couldnt find her.

I finally found her, she is in a cave in between all the wood in there, she looks like she is fanning something. i can barely see in there so all i can see is her, could they have 'done it' already?

Seems strange she's cleaning the roof, they don't tend to lay on the roof of caves like apisto's, instead they dig a small pit in the substrate and lay in that, or on the top of driftwood or leaves. However, maybe she's cleaning that to put wrigglers on, who knows.

:bounce: :bounce: Just saw The female catch 2 dry and spit them back into the cave :D:P

Though i dont expect thislot to survive with all these tank mates, atleast i know i have a compatible pair.

If i see any still alive ina week or so il move them to another tank 8)

So the male spawned with her, then went off with the other female :-? :lol:

Now the other one has a red belly and doing some twitching infront of him :-? :roll:

These will be the first lot of fish in my Discus tank when setup then :lol:

So then they will have a chance to breed without other fish :)

Yea, Becuase im finding it hard to find Male golds and the 2 i have had died :(

And they are the same species and not natural variants, so i dont see anything wrong with breeding them together.

Just like breeding a Black angelfish to a Gold one.

• 4 weeks later...

Well... The second female(the one that he hasnt spawned with) developed Really bad dropsey and died, but the other female either still has the same fry, got new fry,got new eggs or she just likes the cave in the wood :lol: She is NEVER out.

he never got the fry to survive though. And I'd say that was through lack of other options, as he had no other golds, let alone longfins

I lost my male still got my female gold and a small batch of gold babies never know there might be a female in that lot.

I have a blue male i can cross with my gold But hoping to get another male gold cause would rather go that way.