Black Spot Barbs: Anyone coming up to Kaitaia/Keri from AKLD

northland chic

I just seen some on the evil auction site and I want them so bad but they won't ship and with nowadays fuel prices I can't just drive down to pick up as they suggested. I have the two Snookie and DannyBanks had and they are great. Had thought I would never see anymore, I had never seen them before I got these ones. I thought ours were both males but after seeing their pictures they are both girls. So if anyone can help at all with transport please reply or even if you know something about them and want to share or have seen some. Please! Thanks NC

My Sis is coming down from near Houhora to Auckland this weekend, then heading back on Monday. I could ask her if she's willing to do a delivery to Mangonui on the way?

I will need to check if she's taking SH10, and if she's willing. She's actually driving all the way to Hamilton so it's already a long drive for her - so no guarantees.

Thanks Whetu that would be awesome if you asked her. I would have to find a box and stuff or if anyone down there has a polybox and bag I could reimburse them for. Or yea if someone wanted to do the deal for me and send them up that would be great too. They won't ship to me which is dum I even told them I have others and they said theres would like some friends. Anyway thanks for your quick replies!

I have a big (clean) bucket with a lid that could be used for transportation. I could wrap it in a blanket to insulate it for the journey. This is all assuming Sis is willing to do the transport. I will get in touch with her now and ask.

Most Barbs are pretty darn hardy when it come to temperature anyway

Agreed. I have kept gold, cherry and rosy barbs and they are undoubtedly very hardy fish. Presumably the black spot barbs will be equally robust.

Just talked to my Sis and she's happy to assist. NC, PM on its way to you now.