peacock sexing

have some sunshine peacocks, and wondering how or when i can start sexing them as wanting to cut down so only have 1 male, at the moment the biggest one is around 6cm at a rough guess

the female should be uncoloured but the only true way is to vent (check their bits) them, male has two holes the same size & female has one larger than the other.

male = head oo tail

female = head o0 tail

pretty sure thats the order.

Once you start breeding a fair few you develop an eye for sexing at a smaller size... I go for size of fish alot, and look for very dominant egg spots, on the anal fin... You will also notice the dorsal will be different colouration along the ridge... males generally have a whitish ridge.. females more orangey brown.. this is how I have sexed mine in the past and worked.

Agreed with the above..

I have the same fish up here and the male is coloured up at around 7-8cm's so you should be able to see some blue in his face etc at the size of yours, white dorsal edge or dorsal extentions should be a give in.. If you want you can vent but its probably not that important in your case and can take experience to vent younger fish..