Cockatoo Spawn - Temp drop..

Afrikan

Well I recently noticed our Cockatoos were showing interest in spawning... female colouring up nicely, male and female dancing alot... however, with other tasks around the place re reorganising tanks, I didn't take overly alot of notice and a few nights ago, wow the cheeky girl has babes that she decided to keep secret :lol:

There is a decent spawn and babes are doing well, however yesterday I got up in the morning to find the tank on 18 degrees, the heater plug had been bumped and wasn't pushed into the socket properly so the tank dropped it's temp overnight.. it is on the breakfast bar and temp went way down to 18... :o I thought awwww hell the babies are dead... plugged the heater back in.... notice the babies were missing out of the pot.. drat.... well yesterday while feeding the parents... I checked the pot further back behind the pot they were in.... as the female kept sailing into it.. to find she had shifted her babes into the pot behind :lol: And they survived that huge temp drop... the babies are still moving around happily in the bottom of the pot :hail::hail:

Will keep you posted smcoleman :D

The babies are already picking at food... and doing well :D

The parents are stunning, sadly with my digital camera having broken port I can't take a pic as of tonight...

Ryan put some pics up of his that are from same lot aren't they Ryan?

The male is stunning... and the female is just gorgeous, and boy is she mum of the year :D

lol im sure they will get spread around.. My mother is out with half of her batch today the other half have stayed in the pot there must be 50-60+ of them so thats pretty good for their second spawn.. I probably should have saved the first..

Just because its more on topic here than in the other thread here are some photo's male is getting more and more colourful by the day so is alot nicer than pictured.

DSC053521600x1200.jpg

DSC053731600x1200.jpg

DSC053781600x1200.jpg

DSC053811600x1200.jpg

I managed to get some pics last night of our boy... found out hubbys comp has card reader, so don't need to use camera port to get pics...

All babes are busy buzzing around today, eating very fine baby food.. soon to be on brineshrimp 8)

Will post some pics up later tonight.