sword flowering?

spoon

Yeah what Matthew said.

You can leave it, and you'll get a small daisy type flower that isn't as interesting as it sounds (think its 4 white petals and a yellow inside, about the size of a buttercup?), or submerge that branch and instead of flowering, it'll grow baby plants directly off the stem.

If you leave the stem emersed it will still produce plants as well as flowers (often quicker). When the plants have developed you can submerse it to get the plants to develop roots, then when developed enough you can carefully remove the plants from the stem by leavering them gently back towards the mother plant.

• 2 months later...
Hey Imsweet

It will take about a week to start to produce plantlets after flowering.

quote]

thanks Supasi, now...... how long will it take to flower? it has a little bud group thing then more stalk, then another bud thing then another stalk then one last bud group thing. (3 bud groups in total)

They will flower and produce plants at the same time if emersed as that is how they are produced commercially. Some flower under water but not much. It is easier to grow them if they are produced submersed as it can take a while to convert them to submersed again. what species of sword is it? All Echinodorus sp. are swords. The common ones (bleheri and amazonicus) have small flowers as does martii and the others are generally a lot bigger and more spectacular. A bisexual flower with ovaries in the centre ringed by stamens and having 3 white petals

heya sorry i just noticed ur post when i noticed the flowers it already had rather lagre plantelets i hadnt already noticed so im not sure , ii ended up cutting the plantlets off into separate plants and giving them away at the TT tank crawl as i was due to shift i was slack with CO2 and lighting so the sword suffered a bit and was unplanted for bout 2 weeks! it is now planted in white sand and has bounced right back and has heaps of plantlets again