Sydontus Decorus

RochelleMay

Hey, I recently brought the most beautiful Sydontus Decorus but dont know much about it, neither did the LFS that sold it too me.

I have googled and it comes up with some stuff but more about their inhabitance in the wild.

When i put him/her in the tank was all cheerful and wanted to come out and play and now has gone all shy and hidding.

If someone could please help me out with anything they know about this fish would be grateful.

Food, plants, rocks, lighting, other fish hes not capable with etc.

Just anything and everything, is appreciated.

synodontis decorus

Could it be that you googled the wrong spelling because when I used your spelling the above is what I came up with.

Here is one place called planet cat fish hope it helps:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/sp ... cies_id=84

Uh, since I'm posting the address of another site, is this ok or am I not supposed to or am I supposed to do something else? Not sure since it's not just a pic I'm posting :oops: :oops: :-?

Caper

Uh, since I'm posting the address of another site, is this ok or am I not supposed to or am I supposed to do something else? Not sure since it's not just a pic I'm posting :oops: :oops: :-?

That is fine and dandy Caper :) You have pasted the link as a reference for Rochelle to refer back to for info.. 8)

Hey yeah link worked perfect thanks.

I did search the proper spelling for it but when i wrote it in the subject I really didnt even think of spelling lol.

Anyother previous experiences with this fish?

I have read that they are really rear? not sure if this is true or not either.

P.S. I got him a wee buddy and he looks a bit more cheery.

They can be known to take small tank mates during night time... ie tetras etc, this happens usually when they reach maturity. They are nocturnal... they aren't fussed with bright light at all. They suit more of a larger species community tank. Nothing too aggressive tho.

In Aquarium they will accept a wide range of food, from pellet foods, through to frozen foods such as mysis, larger shrimps (finely cut up) etc...

Best to feed them at night time if they are in a community based set up so you know they are getting a good share of food.