Gold Severums

mitzy

I got a pair of Gold Severums Of spidersweb on saturday and I have to say what awesome big fish.

Male keeps dancing with her , she not interested yet so she goes and hides where he can't fit.

Feeding time. I put some bottom pills in for the other fish he comes along and swallows one whole and blood worms gone within seconds they good eating machines.

They have made a mess with the gravel lol picking mouthfuls up and spitting it with force so funny to watch.

After getting these I have fallen for bigger fish never thought I would go that way but looks like I need bigger tanks and lots of them lol :D

I will post a picture later.

Day before you picked them up they were liplocking and cleaning rocks :) Should be good times ahead!

She dances for him sometimes as well.

Do they make good parents, How long do you think before she is ready to breed?

You'll know when they're about to breed as her breeding tube will get big and puffy. I haven't bred severums for years, and then I was removing the eggs. Because these guys didn't spawn while I had them I can't really say how good they'll be, or even how fertile they are, but often cichlids take a couple of goes to get it right.

Good luck 8) and make sure you remove any algae eaters like bristlenose etc if you see eggs. They'll get them when the sevs are sleeping.

Thanks for the replys :D

Im about to feed them and try and get a decent picture tho my cam is not the greatest am going to upgrade that very soon lol. :D

And getting picture on here might be a misson lol but ill give it ago :D

I had a gold severum in with a single large silver dollar - other tank mates were catfish. They were great mates and used to cuddle up together. Then I went away overseas and came home to an empty tank. Poor flatmate felt terrible.

Anyway good luck with your golden severums - they are awesome fish!!

Sam

(I have another one now...)

I had a gold severum in with a single large silver dollar - other tank mates were catfish. They were great mates and used to cuddle up together. Then I went away overseas and came home to an empty tank. Poor flatmate felt terrible.

Anyway good luck with your golden severums - they are awesome fish!!

Sam

(I have another one now...)

Thanks.

At a later stage ill get some silver dollars but at the moment pretty much got my hands full with fish lol Need more tanks and more room in the house lol

Very cool. Nice photos. Kinda grumpy looking, aren't they? :lol: But really, what size tank do you have them in?

Thanks :D They in a 160 litre at the moment but hoping to get a bigger tank in a few months. You should see them close up lol

1/2waysgood wrote

Kinda grumpy looking, aren't they

:lol: :lol: I thought so too at first, then when looking at the second pic the one on the right looked like he had this huge sad frown!

Very nice fishies :bow:

Caper