Noisy filter?

Foxjxa

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the Juwel Filter Systems before? I'm thinking of buying a tank from you-know-where and putting it in my room and was wondering what the noise level is going to be like? (I enjoy my sleep and don't want anything disturbing it!) :lol:

Here's the description:

JUWEL FILTER SYSTEM:

The JUWEL Filter System offers reliable and effective two-stage biological and mechanical filtration, together with great ease of maintenance.

As this Filter System is positioned inside the aquarium, no hoses are required, meaning no leaking connections.

JUWEL power-heads are designed to ensure the effectiveness of the filtration system by supplying an adequate slow flow of water through the filter media. Due to the large volume of filtration material, this flow ensures a highly effective filter, which results in crystal clear water.

If know one knows I'll just have to take the auctioneer's word for it. :P

Usually filters are pretty good but they can get noisy when they clog up then if it's internal (inside the tank) it can mean you don't clean it as often as it's hard to do. the same can happen with cannisters tho rather than get noisy they usually just have the output reduce. i like hang on the back filters because if they get clogged up they're easy to clean so you do it more often and if the water level is high enough they're pretty much silent :)