Super Selco

WEKA

Hans wrote:

Which means??? :oops: :oops: What's it for?

Caper

Goes like this

[quote name="Hans"]Self-Emulsifying Lipid Concentrate[/quote]

Super SELCO (Self-Emulsifying Lipid Concentrate) is used to enrich Artemia nauplii and rotifers with higher levels of omega-3 highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFA's). Super SELCO contains twice the levels of omega-3 HUFA's than does standard SELCO.

It is generally recognized that artemia nauplii (newly hatched brine shrimp) contain insufficient levels of omega-3's, in particular the essential fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), to fulfill the nutrient requirements of many marine larval fish and crustaceans. Super SELCO provides for the highest levels of assimilation, or bio-encapsulation, of these essential fatty acids into natural prey items such as rotifers and artemia, producing a higher quality live larval diet.

Contents: Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) lipid concentrates, emulsifant, water, vitamins, minerals, ethoxyquin (as preservative).

Analysis: Lipids,65%; Ash, max. 3%; Omega-3 HUFA's, minimum 400 mg./g. dry weight (compare to 200 mg./g. dwt for standard SELCO); Vit. A, min. 1,500,000 IU/kg.; Vit. D3, min. 150,000 IU/kg.; Vit. E, 3,600 mg./kg.; Vit. C, 800 mg./kg.

Thanks for that Hans.

I am sorry if I sounded a bit bolshy in my second post but I could not believe there was nobody out there that had not used Selco to gut load their brine shrimp or use it to raise adult shrimp. It would appear from the response that it is not on the market in NZ. Do members use other methods to enrich brine shrimp or do they not bother?

I have had a product like that, i got it from a inland paua farm in southland.

Sorry don't have the contact details though.

Places like Niwa in Wellington have all sorts of stuff like this, rotifers, macro algaes, foods. You just have to find the right person.