Pet Stores in Calgary

Caper

Greetings from Calgary, Alberta :bow: As some of you know, I'm out here visiting Tracy, Matthew, and my precious little grandson Cody. :bounce: :bounce: I LOVE BEING HERE WITH THEM :P:P:P Everybody is snoozing so I thought I'd pop in here.

Went to a couple of pet stores...DROOOOOOOOOOOOL! Such a variety of fish...even got to see bristlenoses (not very big though). One of the stores we went to was much bigger with lots of fish tanks (healthy looking fish, and clean tanks). AND OH, saw a small freshwater stingray COOOOOOL :bounce: :bounce: They had soooo many different things that I can't get back home, from various test kits, filters, driftwood, fantastic variety of substrate...**excuse me, have to wipe the drool** :o:wink::P

Caper

:lol: Sounds like you are having a blast Caper... and sounds like you may be loaded up with goodies by the time you head back home :lol: Great to hear that you are having a good time visiting your family.

Ohhhh Freshwater Ray... now that is *drool* 8) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all :bow::bow:

Yah, love being here, part of my heart will be definetely broken when I have to leave.

Back to the pet store yesterday, asked if I could take a pic of the ray but the guy said no pics. Sorry I didn't ask someone else though. What a cool looking "fish?" He/she was really pretty and really neat to watch. Can see why people have them.

We went to the zoo the other day. They had around 35 (I think) sting rays die. They apparently had them since February and died in April I think, but from what I've heard they were still trying to figure out what caused the deaths, sad :(

Wish I could take some fish home with me. But now that I think of it didn't see anything for marine, well at least that I know of :oops: :oops: They did have a...forget the first part of the name but last part was a gar. Neat to see in person, or should I say in fishy :-? :P They had a puffer (forget the kind) was sorta hiding in his rocks, somekind of goby, neat looking.

Oh, almost forgot, Caryl got some of the triple antibiotic ointment for you.

Anyway must scoot for now,

Caper