Breeding Guppies

johnny

Hi All.

These are some pics of my new guppy breeding set up.

I know it’s not the biggest but it’s all I’m aloud in the garage (without getting in trouble from the Mrs). Do you think it will be O.K for breeding one strain? Got Albino Snakeskins off Tim and hope to keep the line going and hopefully end up with it breeding true.

There’s a few odd ones in there at the Moment but will get rid of them once the Albino females are ready to drop as they are a little bit off yet as I only put them in with the male little ova a week ago.

My girlfriend is happy with it at the mo as it looks nice and tidy.

It is easy to maintain, has a good filter which cycles through both tanks (hence 1 heater only) and I do heaps of h2o changes. With both dividers in I’ve got four compartments but can add more if needed.

Look forward to any comments or suggestions.

Cheers

Johnny

318507087.jpg

318507795.jpg

318507084.jpg

318507786.jpg

318507789.jpg

Cool. Do you put moss or something in there for the fry to hide in as they would get eaten in a bare botom tank wouldn't they or do the parents not eat them (as I've heard of some not eating theres)??

When the females are ready to drop will put in breeding trap. Have cut the bottem out of the trap and the fry will drop thru. So the fry will never have big enough fish in there to eat them.

Have a different compartments in bottem tank that house my breeding male and one that has my females. Once they have dropped in top tank will put back in with male then back to separate compartment before back into breeding trap and so on. so the cylce will continue till i have good numbers.

Cheers All

Top tank has ova flow plumbing to bottom tank. Filter draws from bottem tank and pumps water into top tank, hence the cycle.

Yeah, and i do separate females and males. I know growth is much better and females drop more when left to mature.

Cheers