new fish ?

doch

I used to have dems in a very large corner tank, very heavily rocked, however, you may still find you have a substantial loss of fry... we did if we left the odd female to spit in the tank.. they gradually got picked off.

My best brood was 21 worst brood was 9.. Depends on the size of the female.. That sucks im sure they are hiding, even in my colony I loose some until I take all the rocks out and find the ones that are chilling out at the back of the tank.. And dem babies are crafy little buggers :)

I hope you still have some left... and I am sure Ryan is right, you should find some in there that have been crafty enough to keep themselves under cover... Unfortunately tho youngsters can often get picked off in the tank.... just a common thing with young being in such a confined area...

:lol: :lol: That is the trouble with mouthbrooders... when they leave mums mouth they are large enough to take off and duck for cover so your net or syphon hose doesn't stand a chance :lol: It is alot easier with the likes of Dafs, and Leleupi etc.... We had a pair of Lionheads spawn in our old Malawi tank and I wanted to retrieve the babies.. so we dropped the water level and made a rock wall to keep the large fish out and it made it so much easier getting the youngster Lionheads.. I can only imagine what would have happened if the large Malawi weren't kept out :lol: