Breeding Normal gold rams Pictures added.

mitzy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The eggs are when normal clear maybe leight yellow, having not seen them, leave them for a couple of days

Ok thanks for that.

well see what happens and if nothing then ill try again in a couple of weeks or when she is ready lol

Have learned quite a bit so should have it sorted as far as the eggs go lol

• 1 month later...

I would remove them, I always pick the white ones off before they turn bad... if they turn bad, it can then fungus the rest....

Just get a fine pin point, like needle, saftey pin.. as the eggs are so tiny, and scrape away if you can 8)

Congrats mitzy and good luck! :D

If you are raising the eggs yourself, keep them pitch black. No light at all.

It was dark and meth blue in , alot still turned white but alot have hatched now so just a matter of raising them now, just got to wait till there eggs sack gone , tried to remove the white eggs last nite to find there is babies hanging on to them :D

Good work :) I have finally managed to get a batch free swimming after always loosing them a few days after they hatched, gutted im going to be overseas for the next 3 months though :(

I am hoping a few survive since I lost my male :( .

Enjoy your holiday and hopefully you come back to some mature rams :lol:

Usually they will break away from it mitzy 8) At times I have got a fine pair of tweezers and very gently moved the old dead ones aside or out if possible... prior to the viables hatching... Our Oscars that just recently hatched moved away from the white fluff on their own as their were some that turned a bit funny prior to them breaking away, along with our Sajica also... just make sure it isn't caked too much.. Good luck :) And keep us posted :D

With the water changes, I start doing them when they are free swimming and feeding.... not too bigger water changes tho, just small ones 8)

Thanks

I will just leave them for now and keep an eye out :D

They lucky to be alive , such bad day yeasterday lost the daddy , and then last nite the heater in the babies rams tank started overheating then just stopped working so got another one in there till i can get to the petshop to get another one , bad luck with jebo heaters lately so keeping away from them now :D

Will keep you all posted :D

I got rid most of my jebo heaters one by one , the one in the breeding tank was only a few months old and had little use but cant find receipt so oh well. They should not be in the shops for sale lol

I still have a few jebo heaters that work well :) I used to buy them for $20 for a 300W heater lol took a few back within a year and got them replaced but they seemed to stop going rather than jam on which was good, I do think ultimately you get what you pay for and would probably go with jagar from now on :)

Anyway back on topic :) Sorry to hear about your male mitzy let me know if you want to borrow my one while im away and good luck with the babies sounds like they're a hardy bunch I had some blue rams go to 34 and then back to 15 in the same day and make it so they should be ok :)

Anyway back on topic :) Sorry to hear about your male mitzy let me know if you want to borrow my one while im away and good luck with the babies sounds like they're a hardy bunch I had some blue rams go to 34 and then back to 15 in the same day and make it so they should be ok :)

Thanks for that but got a full on weekend and wouldnt be able to get up there to grab it and I would feel terrible if something happen too him soo I think ill just have a good go with the babies and maybe try my blues but may take you on that offer one day, thanks again.