albino guppys

mumzy50

My ten year old daughter,has snake skin guppys and shes turning out some lovely golds.I was thinking of getting her some albinos.But to keep the lines pure i would need to buy her another tank.Would i be better off buying a bigger tank,and divideing it.Would that mean i would need a filter for each compartment.And how get on with heating

How would they breed through them? :lol: they would have to be clever.I want to do this for a ten year old,so needs to be cheap.I would need the water to flow,to spread the heat around.Im begining to think it might be cheaper to just get a smaller tank.

Get a divider cut that fits length wise (use some hose cut lengthwise to take up any gaps if needed.. Make sure you leave a small gap at the bottom maybe 2cm's or so put the divider in and bury the hole the water will still be able to flow through the gravel however you need an external or something that sucks in one end and flows out the other end to get the water to flow..

You can get them dividers from the petshop and cut them to size , they got tiny holes in there so the water will flow and the water temp will be the same. I think i still got one you can have but but not fit.

http://www.jehmco.com/html/nets___breeder_boxes.html

Go down the list and look at the piture wintow traps. Cees gave me some a few years ago, and they do work very well. At the moment I'm using 2litre lemonade bottles with lots of 1.5mm holes drilled in them with some wire bent into a hook over the side of the tank to hold them. Takes time, and don't look that great, but dosn't cost anything and they work.

Albino's suffer from infertility worse than the grey body types when inbred for too long.