Have anyone bred African Nife fish?

Malawimad

Gave up on Malawi's for now till I get a bigger fish room but...

Its been a life-long dream to breed these beauties, I had a female (30 cm) spawn on the back of a 60cm holding tank (while preparing a 2m species tank for 3 of them) That was 5 years ago though.

Questions:

- Where could I buy 10 medium African Jack Knifes (the ones with the

dots)

- Does anyone have or know of any literiture or websites wich indicates

them being bred in captivity?

any pet shop can order them in for you, it might just take time in getting what you want, :)

i do that for people all the time , and because i do it that they dont go in my tanks i dont charge as much for the fish!

What shop are you from? Oh, I we can meet up at the North Shore Meeting, As long as it can be imported, I want to set up a 4 ft and start off with 5 or so! They grow quite rapidly, so I hope I will have space to set Up my 6ft tank by the time they big! Normly only a few get big! I've had little success raising them, one would always outgrow the others.

that is normal with alot of fish one always stays smaller.

mind you in saying that a friend had a discus that everyone called runt (of years)as he was really small then one day i turned up and he was the best looking fish in the tank, he was bigger than a bed and butter plate and the colour was to die for so never give up on the runts .

yes come and see me at the meeting i will ask my importer about them when i order fish next week, 8)