Bud Report

Caryl

Someone asked the other day what Bud has been up to lately. He is getting very excited about going to conference and has been helping pack (well, unpack actually. He can fling T joints quite a distance!) second hand goods ready for the "make-an-offer" box.

He has taken to perching in the spider plant. This wouldn't be so bad except he nibbles on it as well so the lower parts are dying off :roll:

Budinspiderplant.jpg

Good to see him out of his cage so much. Does he have free run or just when you’re around? One of my Parrots will run the length of the house to get in the shower with me. Is he clipped or not, mine are as that means they can be out 100% of the time, I can't stand it when people say that its mean to clip but keep their birds caged apart from 30 minutes (prison with 30mins yard a day). He looks in really good nick with lovely bright eyes.

I agree BK I think it's better to get them clipped rather than keeping them in a cage most of their life (unless they don't fly away). Sounds like he's having fun Caryl :lol: :lol: . I don't know why but I thought that he was yellow :lol:

He goes free range every night from about 5pm til 8 or 9pm. He flies the length of the house and isn't clipped. Very disconcerting for visitors when they enter the hall to have a budgie zoom past at head height! :lol:

We always warn visitors when he is out as many people are scared of birds flying about inside.

He spends a lot of his time in the computer room with us. When I am in chat he is often bouncing across the keyboard muttering "Testing! Testing!" or "I tawt I taw a puddy tat" among other things. He also sneezes. He usually forgets to say "bird flu!" first though :roll:

Parrots are so much more fun out of their cages. You only have the one parrot? I find them more addictive than fish tanks. I can't put into words how much of a bond I've developed with mine. They are the only reason my partner and I and still in NZ.

We taught him to talk but he also rings like the telephone! Along with the testing, puddy tat and sneeze sayings, he says "give us a kiss" (after spending a week at my parents') "CQ, CQ" (an amateur radio term) and wolf whistles.

Tonght he was watching the Aquarium World coming off the printer and decided to taste test a few pages :roll: