Newbie in Palmy

Foxjxa

Hi all,

I'm somewhat new to the tropical fish keeping hobby (I've had my tank for just about 2 months), but it's already obvious to me and my flatmates that I've become addicted. :)

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my 144L freshwater tropical tank to a 215L, so all my fish will have some more space as they grow.

I'm a big fan of community tanks, although I'll probably make an exception sometime in the future when I eventually start trying my hand at breeding.

Fave fish(es): Angelfish and Killifish (particularly Dageti, Australe Gold and Clown)

It may be of interest to note that I'm the only Aquaphile in my flat, and so, to appease my 3 male flatmates, I've let them name the majority of my fish. (Yes, almost all of them have names, and yes, they are mostly very dramatic and 'manly') :D

Woops, I went on for a bit there!

Looking forward to participating in this great forum here.

Hi and welcome. I also hope the 'manly' names are repeatable in poilte company :lol:

Lol! Yes, though I do get a few strange looks...

For instance, my young male Albino Gardneri (the smallest of all my killifish) is called Tyrannacore.... my flat mates tend to yell it however, so it's more like "TYRANNACORE!!"! :lol: My two pleco's have also been named Thor and Sheeny. o.O

I see you won the tanks

Sorry, what tanks? :) I seem to be losing all the tanks I want, haven't won a new one in a few weeks now. All the ones I want are either ridiculously overpriced or pick up only in Auckland or somewhere!! :evil:

Oh yeah, I'm always asking questions on TM. I've learned the hard-way that I've got to get all the info BEFORE I start bidding. :( But I guess that's always going to be a problem when dealing with people on TM.

Also, sandysme, if I do get an extra pair of killis I don't have room for, I'll be sure to let you know. :)