eheim aquaball 2212

booger

I would have to say that this internal filter is not to my liking. The first week or so it went fine then all the sponge filters got really clogged up so I rinsed them out, so did the aqua balls. The finer filter in the very top was unrecognisable there was that much crap stuck to it that I had to throw it out.

Since then i have just used the balls and bought filter wool. I added carbon to get the water clearer and this worked for a couple of days. I dont think i have a suitable filter for my size tank. it is 4 foot long and not sure how wide.

Can any throw some suggestions my way. cheers. :roll:

agreed, at least from what i have read/heard, its the worst thing eheim ever made! :(

get an external cannister filter - stick with eheim if you can, a good reliable & efficient brand with plenty of spare parts and media available if you ever need them. see http://www.eheim.com/faq.html#question5 for the appropriate filter for your tank

booger try using it as a bio only with just the balls and no filter wool and use a air sponge filter in your tank

sounds like you have a good amount of stock in your tank and your tank is prob a 200l 4ft and the 2212 is rated 100L up 200L

you may want to top up the media

:wink:

Hi Booger, I have a 200L tank that is heavily stocked, and I run an external canister filter pumping 700L/h, an internal filter @600L/h and UG filters. I clean out the crap in the canister once a month and rinse the internal foam block in used tank water. I also place a length of air hose under the gravel plates and suck out the waste from there too. I am still astounded just how much waste and muck the tank produces. The guys in these rooms once told me that you can’t overfilter, and they are right. So my suggestion is to have at least 2 filters running.

That’s my 2 cents worth.

I dont actually have that many fish in the tank at the moment.

I've got 1 catfish

2 albino kribensis

1 angel

1 sword tail

2 sharks

2 neon tetras

1 bristlenose

3 plecos (they seem to do really bigs poos that the filter doesnt absorb :cry: )

is this too many fish in the tank?

cheers for ya help

• 10 months later...

Hi, I have been looking for eheim filters here in Nz, have not been here that long,a few years, found the aquaball that I have not seen before. Did do some searches in my old home country to see what they think of it: new product that did not do the work and the zoo shops don't even bring it in any more!

Then I read of people that are so happy with it!

What are your thoughts of it?

Thanks