Help

BNLover

Ok I have two tanks.....

1st tank is an aquaone and has a Bristlenose breeding trio and some platties and a few baby platties and some baby bristlenoses, in the 2nd tank (jebo) is some guppies and some baby bristlenoses.

My problem is that over the weekend all but eight of the baby bristlenoses in both tanks have died. the paltties seem fine.

I have put the last eight bristlenoses into a haturay and also this afternoon one of my male guppies as he was just sitting on the bottom of the tank still alive and moving his front fins but just lying there on his side.

any ideas on what could be going on...so far I have lost about 80 baby bristlenoses (varying ages) and now this male guppie not looking good.

at a loss as to what to do?

have done a parcel water change on both tanks had water tested came back fine, turned the heater up a little as the water was felling colder then normal(off to get new thermometers today)

the only thing different in the tank is the fish flake that I have been feeding the platties and guppies.

they where on BettaMin Tropical Medley and then when that ran out I got JBL Novo Bea For Guppies.(says is suitable for other small aquarium fish, only got as they where out of the bettamin and I needed some food)

and for the bristlenoses it is JBL Nova Pleco chips, zuchinni, blood worm. and they have bog wood in both tanks. could it be the change in fish flake? should I just go and get some melifix and treat just in case? or feron 2(sorry don't know spelling) incase of internal problems?

any help appreciated

Thanks

Would have thought that if it was internal they would have been bloated.

How old are the baby bristlenose? The guppy may just be coincidental.

Whats the waterflow like, maybe you could try an airstone.

I don't know a lot about BN - I do have them but they just seem to look after themselves.