Betta help please.

Dixon1990

I have 7 1-2cm Betta in a 15L tank, With a sponge filter and heater. They are starting to get alright colours now. When will I have to separate them? There is only a little bit of aggression at the moment. And when I do separate can I just put them in jars?

Seperate the males out when they start to fight or you will come home to a tail or head left in the tank. The ones with the most damaged fins are the ones causing trouble, they are not the ones being picked on!

Yes you can jar them if you do daily water changes but remember they are tropical fish and I don't know what sort of temps ChCh is getting at the moment, in a heated room around 24 degress they will be okay.

Hi All.

I would be starting to pick out the largest now and putting them in jars.

The jars can sit on top of a tank and the heat will transfer quite well.

I used to sit them right at the back of a tank near the wall to keep the heat even.

One thing to be aware of is that rearing fighters is "VERY TIME CONSUMING" as each jar has to be cleaned daily and I would recommend you only feed live food to them in the jars.

Some of my earlier posts tell and show how I do it.

Congrats and good luck.

:bow: