Bristlenose fluff

Caryl

Just thought I would show a pic of one of my male BN with his fluff.

BNMfungus.jpg

It has been like that for ages getting no better, nor worse. I haven't treated him as I am not a fan of chemicals. Besides, he is acting normally and feeding fine as usual.

I suspect he was originally injured during spawning. Since he is nigh on impossible to catch and the tank is too big to randomly treat the whole thing, I am leaving him as is.

As long as the tank water is good it should be OK.

I think what Caryl is illuding to is the fact that she doesn't need to do anything about it as it would be more hassle than its worth the fish is happy and healthy and living a good life so why screw with it..

If she wanted rid of it the best way is to catch the fish and drop some meth blue straight on it and it will go away :)

Thank you ryanjury, yes I did mean that sometimes it is better to leave it alone.

Today the fish was hovering near the surface (unusual for this one as he spends most of his time hiding) so I wondered if he was taking a turn for the worse. I managed to get the lid lifted and a container to put him in while he just sat there but he then scooted off before I could catch him and I haven't seen him since (back to status quo).

Not keen to do any water changes at the moment as we have water restrictions. When our water table is low I find water changes often produce algae blooms in the tank (hate to think what we are drinking :lol: - apart from the E coli) so I try to avoid them even more than usual over summer.

If I can ever catch him I will certainly meth blue him :roll:

Water is clearing now they have eaten the whole cucumber 8)

ok :) I never realised that :)

I was curious cause I had my tank turn green right before my eyes a few months ago.. triggered by a water change. It actually clouded up as a poured the water in.. and its been green for months. Its clearing now.. but we've had some rain so the water level may have gone up a tad!