Graphics background help

Caryl

I have some graphics with a white background I need to be clear as they are to be printed on coloured paper and I don't want the square white shape around them. How do I make the background see-through? Is there a quick and easy way?

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 and Microsoft Digital Image Pro 7.0, and I think one or both will have something in them to do what I want. I have tried the remove background tool in Adobe but haven't figured out how to make it look good :roll: I tend to be able to remove the bit I want to keep and not the background :lol:

OK, been having a look in the Help section of Adobe. Will have a play and see what I can work out. Not too good following their instructions as I don't know the terminology and never seen anyone using the programme. :cry:

My images are JPEG and need to be GIF or PNG to work better by the looks of it so I will convert one and see. Looks like I need to create a transparency in a background layer so will read up on creating layers :roll:

I am a lot better being shown something than reading the instructions :-?

Anyone willing to do it for me if I send the images? :lol:

It is for my parents' church fundraiser so a good cause :wink: