polys

Picture029.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture021.jpg

freshwater ray

Picture018.jpg

pike

Picture020.jpg

nd finally... not too sure which one is the bigger beast here, the grouper or my gf... :P:P:P:P (dont worry, she never looks at fish sites)

Picture064.jpg

The Aba Knifefish, also called the Aba Aba Knifefish, is unusual even for a knife type fish. It is one of the largest knives reaching up to 5 1/2 feet long. Unlike most in this group, the fin that is used for locomotion is on its back instead of its belly. It has an electricity producing organ that runs through most of its body. Unlike the Electric Eel, this organ does not generate enough voltage to stun its prey so it is most likely used for navigation and finding food.

Its large size demands a very large tank or even an indoor pond and because it can be very aggressive, it does best by itself. I know of one importer that accidentally put a large Aba in a holding tank with a large Discus and in no time at all, the Discus had a big “U†shaped chunk missing from its forehead. It appeared that this chunk had been surgically removed which shows just how sharp an Aba’s teeth are.

This fish can be considered dangerous because a big specimen could easily remove a careless person’s finger! If after all I’ve just told you, you still think you are prepared to handle one of these fish, don’t buy the tiny ones that still show their yolk sack because they are very weak at this size. The minimum size to buy is about 3 inches and bigger than this is better.

henward, u might want one :P

i want them all

all!!

if i was there, i would buy them all

not my gf i hope... feel free to purchase that one, i dont think ull have a problem through customs tho... however i would like to say that, its VERY high maintainence. VERY VERY costly, and EVEN more dangerous. one wrong move could prove fatal....