tap

chimera

hey,

anyone know where to get a (about 20mm) T-pipe that has a tap on it to redirect the flow out one section or anther? (see crude diagram below) i tried the hansen range at mitre 10 but they dont do one. neither do mico plumbing. the guy suggested an engineering shop but i need a plastic one.

tap.gif

any half decent plumbing supply should have them, called a 3 way ball valve. Its a good idea to get one for high pressure as you never know when you may recycle it. They do ok with low pressure so thats not a problem.

Note sure if anything like that will exist (outside of garden hose Y connectors).

You may have to attach a tap to the 2 parts of the T you need to control.

I would reccoment the use of 'union taps' available through MICO at about $30ea. These taps have union fittings and can be used to disconnect plumbing while maintaining a seal. I am using dozens of these taps and they are great at it lets would disconnect plumbing without any mess or fuss. Also if you environment changes you can just change the one bit of plumbing without the need to replace it all. It can get expensive if your using pressure piping.

If your using 20mm pipe, use the 19mm black stuff from garden centers. Looks great, works great, cheap and lots of fitting available for little. Taps for $10ea, T connetors and elbows found at any mitre 10.

Pie