Here's the thing

fattythecatty

My 4 footer is here and this weekend will be devoted to setting it up. I've decided I really want just the 1 tank but...........................I have a 2 foot tank with 7 young tiger barbs but they neeed a bigger tank. Should I risk putting them in the 4ft with my 2 Angels or just move them up to the 3ft and run 2 tanks?

tiger barbs have a rep as being nippy esp if kept individually or in really small numbers... you might get away with 7 though, that could be enough to keep them amused player with each other rather than bugging the angels.

Not sure if the size of the angels would have any impact either - maybe they wouldn't chase more mature fish?

Move the tigers to the large tank but get three or four more? That would keep them amused among themselves and they are very attractive fish and very fun to watch.

I had five and they were buggers for bullying. Seven might be ok, ten most probably would.

Actually, I have just re-read your post. The easy answer is to run more than one tank!!

Woo Hoo, another addict!