Guppie Help

secaboy

hey all well i have read a few post on this forum about guppies and there fry, which leads me to believe that the 2 i have are pregnant.

This one i have had for about since the 2nd week of January and only recently i have noticed the black stop at the back of her abdomen, but since i bought her she has been a big guppie.

Here are a few pic of her, if anyone could give me some more advise please..

ok then so she's been like that for a fair few days now, should i go out and get some extra plants and float them on top of the water for coverage to the little ones when she has them. ?

How long will it take her to drop them ?

Extra plants always help, especially Java Moss.

I guess you've read that the parents will eat the fry if they get a chance.

The female is pregnant for around 28 days, im not very good at saying when she will drop them :-? just keep an eye on her, before she drops them, her belly will look like its gonna pop :wink:

and just feed the babies crushed flake.

If you wanted to increase the chances of fry surviving get some plants that provide cover/hiding places, alternatively get a breeding net and put some java moss in there or a breeding trap.

Or leave it as is and provide some excitement for your neons :lol:

is it a good thing to keep her in th breeding tank with the fry swimming around the bottom of the catchment area ??

I was very lucky to be lent a breeding tank and I have wondered that very same thing.... I have not place her in it yet.... apart from seeing the little babies is there any other way of knowing it is really close to the time? it is not as if she will be calling her midwife and getting her bags ready!

cheers

Jo