Tank Shape/safety??

NPnewbie

Can anyone tell me if the tank I am looking at is OK. Why I ask is becasue I have never seen a tank this shape and wondered if the shape affects the tank's strength or not.

I've been told it was made for a corner, looking from the top (ie top view) it looks like a big triangle with its three corners trimmed off. So it has six sides. The front pane is the largest, measuring 158cm, then two very short sides 15cm each, the sides of the triangle 66cm and the back is 35cm. The glass is 10mm thick the depth of the tank is 60cm. It has braces at the bottom joints as well as top. It has been made by professionals ie glass shop.

It's a large tank. and never been used....what would be a fair price for such a tank? I calculated that it take around 376litres.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks. :o

hey NPnewbie sounds like a very cool and safe tank

the advantage of corner and L tanks they hold alot of water and look great too :lol:

10 mm glass is approx 360 a square metre so there's alot of glass there and being a triangle it would be very strong as triangles are the strongest shape in engineering,

so how much is the tank costing from them if ya don't mind me asking