Hi.. I've inherited a tank and beome addicted........

kathiej

We were given a fairly big set up complete with some Jewel Cichlids. Lesson #1 Not all fish will live in peace with each other. (It's been a sharp learning curve!!) We no longer have the JCs

L#2 LFS owners love newbies with visa. (U/G filters are no good you need a FluvalFX5 which we happen to have on special.... etc)

I could go on but I guess everyone has similar stories.

Lesson #3659 and learning still.

Thank god for sites like this.

Look forward to picking brains in the future.

Cheers

Welcome Kathie

In the long term you wont regret buying the FX5 filter - it IS WAY better than un undergravel system, especially if you get into keeping the bigger types of fish.

It might be more filter than you actually need, but that never does any harm :wink:

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry been bit busy horsing to get back here. The JC's didn't die. I started with four. two bred and killed one of the others. I tried to find something compatible to live with them. Got 2 silver dollars which grew quite big but were being hounded by the JCs when their brood hatched. I phoned fish shops all round but no-one wanted them (before I Found this site) so I put them on trade me and gave them away eventually as I didn't want to end up with a tankful of aggressive little monsters that might start interbreeding. Now I have the samw deal with the silver dollars. I'm told that they don't mix too well with other fish either!!!!!!!! :(