How long can pond fish skip feeding?

jn

Hi all, tenants are going away for 2 weeks.

There's a pond there with fish that normally get fed every other day. I'm recluctant to have them use those pond feeder blocks.. will they be ok for that long? Or would someone need to pop in at the end of week 1 and feed them? (or are the pond feeder blocks not as bad as the indoor versions?)

This time of year there is lots of algae growing and insects falling into the pond.

Goldfish can survive 2 weeks with no food, so they will be fine on 'pickings' for that time.

I agree that if you want to grow them well, you need to feed them well. But they can usually survive on what they find in a big pool.

My friend has a large pond with my old comet goldfsh and a couple of others. They have NEVER been fed and my one is 7 years old. The pond is full of 1" fry as well, so they cant be doing too bad :wink:

Cheers

Ian

Thanks everyone.

I'm glad to hear they don't have to worry but will let them know where they can buy some oxygen weed.

I can source some duckweed but I'm concerned we might never get rid of it once its introduced there.. what do you all reckon?